Total Pageviews

Friday 8 November 2013

Memories of you and me

All that is left are memories now. Memories of you and me. They are like broken tapes in my head, playing and rewinding over and over again.
Like the times when we balik kampong, and I was the only one sleeping at your room and you woke me up for Fajr by turning up the tv volume.
Or when we had our dates to pasar and gerai on my last summer break, you taught me how to negotiate for lower prices.
Or the times when I secretly watched you pray because I love doing so. You never missed your prayers. You would always be in your wudu’ even before the waqt and you would walk calmly to prayer room and waited for the Azaan.
Or the small little things like every time after meals, you would want cold water. A glass of cold water, not hot or warm (or you wouldn’t drink the whole of it), it must be a full glass of cold water. Or the times when I was amazed that you remembered my name even though I only met you on summer breaks for the past couple of years.
Or the heart-breaking news of you being hospitalised early this week. I felt it, in my heart, I felt it but I shook the feeling away. Later that day, when I was alone in my room, I prayed to Allah for you and your health, and that Allah would give only the best for you. And when ‘Aameen’, there was a fragrance of smell, like someone passed by.
I felt it, when I was leaving you last summer,
I felt it, when I kissed your hand and your forehead,
I felt it, when I hugged you and I apologised for everything,
I felt it, when you said not to be sad,
I felt it that it was the last time, for you and me.
I love you so much and I miss you terribly. I really do.

Rest well now nini boy. You have been the best for all of us.

Rest well now. Iqa sayang nini.

Al-Fatihah

No comments:

Post a Comment